High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is a common medical condition that affects almost half of all American adults. As such, it’s common to find blood pressure medication available at urgent care centers.
However, each center has different rules and procedures, so you might experience a different process depending on which urgent care center you visit. For example, some centers may refer patients to a local hospital, but others may be able to provide you with blood pressure medication immediately.
Table of Contents
- About High Blood Pressure
- What Is Urgent Care?
- Can You Get Treatment for High Blood Pressure From Urgent Care?
- Can Urgent Care Prescribe You Blood Pressure Medication?
- How Else Can You Get Blood Pressure Medication?
- When to Seek Emergency Care?
- Get Blood Pressure Medication Online!
About High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure occurs when the force of blood against the artery walls is consistently high. This causes damage to your blood vessels and could potentially lead to serious health problems such as heart disease, kidney disease, or stroke.
Blood pressure is measured using systolic pressure and diastolic pressure. Your blood pressure is considered to be high when you have a systolic pressure of 130 mmHg and/or a diastolic pressure of 80 mmHg or higher. There are a number of factors that contribute to high blood pressure, such as your diet, genetics, and also your lifestyle
What Is Urgent Care?
Urgent care is a type of medical service that offers immediate medical attention to patients who need immediate or unexpected medical care. It separates itself from being a hospital because it’s typically used for conditions that are not severe enough to visit the emergency room for. Urgent care centers are usually staffed by a variety of medical professionals that are trained to provide a wide range of services to their local community.
Urgent care centers are extremely convenient for those who find it hard to access healthcare services in hospitals. So if you’re in need of medical attention but don’t have a life-threatening condition, your local urgent care center could be the best option. However, there are virtual options available as well such as DrHouse online consultations.
Can You Get Treatment for High Blood Pressure From Urgent Care?
Yes. Urgent care centers are equipped to provide treatment for high blood pressure. They’re staffed by medical professionals who are trained to deal with a wide variety of medical conditions. Since high blood pressure is so common, it’s highly likely that your local urgent care center can help you.
Can Urgent Care Prescribe You Blood Pressure Medication?
Yes. An urgent care center is equipped to handle high blood pressure treatments, meaning they can also prescribe you with appropriate medication to manage your blood pressure levels. Assuming they are licensed to prescribe medication, you will receive your blood pressure medication on the same day.
However, it’s important to remember that urgent care centers operate on their own rules and procedures. Some urgent care centers may require you to submit healthcare information or have a long appointment with one of their professionals before they can provide you with a prescription or medication.
It’s also worth mentioning that an urgent care center isn’t a replacement for a hospital. While it’s perfectly fine for checking up on your condition and refreshing a prescription, you ultimately shouldn’t rely on it for everything. You’ll eventually want to visit your doctor or go to a hospital to check on your condition and how it’s progressing.
How Else Can You Get Blood Pressure Medication?
Aside from urgent care, there are a few other options available to you when it comes to getting blood pressure medication. You can visit your primary care physician, or even look into online pharmacies for prescription medications. It’s important to discuss your condition with your doctor and make sure that the medication dosage is appropriate before taking any kind of medicine.
You should also make sure to keep track of your condition and every medication you take, just in case there’s an adverse reaction or the medicine isn’t helping. Having a conversation with your doctor is always a good idea if you want to stay on top of your condition and be aware of any changes that could affect it.
When to Seek Emergency Care?
If you’re experiencing an emergency or life-threatening symptoms, you should seek medical attention immediately. High blood pressure can be serious and even dangerous if it’s not treated right away.
You should seek emergency care if your blood pressure reading is 180/120 or higher and if you have any of the following symptoms: chest pain, difficulty breathing, severe headache, vision changes, confusion, and seizures.
If any of these symptoms are present, you should call 911 and seek emergency care.
Get Blood Pressure Medication Online!
Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to get blood pressure medication online with help from a service such as DrHouse.
The telehealth services offered at DrHouse can provide you with a convenient way to seek help and assistance from a healthcare professional. You can discuss your high blood pressure with them and they’ll help you decide on what kind of medication you need and how often it needs to be taken. Once this virtual meeting has concluded, you’ll receive your prescription and you can collect it at a pharmacy that is convenient for you.
You can think of DrHouse as a virtual urgent care service. You can quickly and easily refill your blood pressure medication online, and you don’t need to have insurance either. It’s 24/7 personal care that is tailored to you, and it’s designed to be affordable and convenient for anyone to use.
All you need is 15 minutes to get started with DrHouse. Simply download the app, set up your account in minutes, and schedule your first online appointment with one of our trained medical professionals. This meeting should take no longer than 15 minutes, after which you’ll get your blood pressure medication prescription which you can pick up at your preferred pharmacy.
So no matter what high blood pressure treatments you need, our telemedicine services can help ensure that you receive a steady supply of medication with a method that is convenient for you. Don’t hesitate to contact us today for more information, or sign up through our DrHouse app and book your first consultation with one of our medical experts today.
- High blood pressure is a common condition that affects almost half of all American adults.
- Urgent care centers can provide blood pressure treatments and medicine prescriptions.
- DrHouse also offers a virtual urgent care service where you can get blood pressure medication online.
- This makes it convenient and simple to get the medication you need.
- High Blood Pressure Symptoms and Causes. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/about.htm
- Measure Your Blood Pressure. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/measure.htm
- Martha N. Hill, Nancy Houston Miller, Sabina DeGeest. Adherence and persistence with taking medication to control high blood pressure. Journal of the American Society of Hypertension. Volume 5, Issue 1, 2011, Pages 56-63, ISSN 1933-1711. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jash.2011.01.001.
- Types of Blood Pressure Medications. American Heart Association. Available from: https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/high-blood-pressure/changes-you-can-make-to-manage-high-blood-pressure/types-of-blood-pressure-medications
- High Blood Pressure: When to Seek Emergency Care. Cleveland Clinic. Available from: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/16563-high-blood-pressure–when-to-seek-emergency-care